so, working with what was on hand today, creative carpaccio was served for lunch. all the ingredients, except for the dressing ingredients and capers, were purchased through my organic veggie home delivery or at the local farmers market.
i just love fresh and local!
creative carpaccio & poached eggs
- 4 slices local beef bacon, rolled paper thin between sheets of plastic wrap
- local salad greens
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin
- lusciously ripe green german tomato, sliced (so good. i admit to eating a few slices that never made it to the plate. from weedy gardens.)
- cumin gouda, shaved (light & flavourful. love the cheeses from avondale meadows farm…& margaret and allister who run the show)
- tbsp capers
- 4 eggs, poached
- fresh pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1/4c olive oil
- 1/8c balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
place greens on plate. lay beef on top, followed by onions, capers and green tomatoes.
whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl, until well incorporated.
sprinkle dressing over all. add salt and pepper to taste. top with shaved cheese.
plate with poached eggs.