mango, avocado and greens
- 1/3c fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- local fresh greens (i used butter lettuce & red lettuce from the farmers market and arugula from my organic home delivery box)
- red onion, thinly sliced
- cucumber, thinly ribbon sliced
- mango, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- 1 pear, cut in half
- basil sheep cheese (from Avondale Farm)
- bacon bits (from Island Taylored Meats)
- ground cardamom
method for dressing
combine all ingredients in a jar. shake vigorously. so easy.
method for salad
clean and tear the greens. place them in a large bowl with the red onion.
toss the greens & onion with dressing. place on plate.
arrange sliced cucumber, mango and avocado around greens.
grill pear halves over high heat. place a half on each plate and sprinkle with ground cardamom.
top greens with diced cheese and bacon bits.
a wonderful late spring paleo lunch with a lover.