in the studio this morning.
10 intrepids: christine, jane, udo, mary lou, tracey, kelly, sherri, zoey, paula, lorna.
arranged in an arc. strong & resilient in this rainbowlike formation.
an array of kettlebells, varying in weights, at their feet.
kettlebells made wet, fed after midnight, exposed to bright light, aching to move.
a group — people and kettlebells — always ready to stand up to a workout.
that was no bravado in the depth of their eyes, that was the real deal.
saturday gremlins (do this at home)
warm up: jump rope and kettlebell joint mobility.
- dbl kettlebell deadlift alternating with mountain climbers
- dbl kettlebell swings alternating with jump squats
- dbl kettlebell bent over seesaw rows alternating with strides
- dbl kettlebell rack squats alternating with rumble runs w/ drops
- dbl kettlebell seesaw push presses alternating with push off side lunges
- dbl kettlebell alternating pick up lunges alternating with burpees
- one kettlebell in rack, one kettlebell in overhead lockout walking figure 8’s alternating with front plank
- dbl kettlebell chest press alternating with hollow body hold