i’ve had salad and soft boiled eggs on my mind. a lot lately.
so today’s salad (with a generous portion for tomorrow’s main meal at work) was conceived.
popeye & olive oyl salad
- fresh spinach
- pork tenderloin, herb roasted
- fresh tomato, sliced
- fresh fiddleheads, sauteed
- soft boiled egg
- avocado vinaigrette dressing
method (for the herb roasted pork tenderloin)
- brush dijon mustard over the pork tenderloin. roll in a mixture of fresh oregano, fresh rosemary, marjoram, sea salt & pepper
- roast at 400 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes. let sit five minutes before slicing.
method (for avocado vinaigrette)
- mix together 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp white or red wine vinegar, 1 tsp dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper. add 1 mashed avocado and mix to incorporate.
method for the salad
- tear trimmed fresh spinach and place in bowl. add sliced tomato, sauteed fiddleheads, sliced herb roasted pork tenderloin, one soft boiled egg
- top with avocado vinaigrette