Paul Plakas has been a personal trainer for 20 years. He has trained every level of fitness from homemaker to professional athlete.
For the past nine years, Paul has been on television doing weight loss documentaries, four years on Taking It Off and the past five years on X-Weighted. Both shows are Gemini Award winners.
Paul recently finished taping season five of X-Weighted – Families, to be seen on Global TV and the Slice Network.
When not working in television, Paul trains clients at his personal training studio in Edmonton, Alberta called Custom Fit. In his recreational time he enjoys, mountain biking, hockey, cross country skiing, all racquet sports and working out with weights.
The motto he lives by? Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.
So, what’s Paul doing in PEI?
He’ll be delivering an amazing seminar for us!
LEAN, FIT, AND PAIN FREE IN THE 21ST CENTURY
The top three things that people want most when enhancing their health is:
1. Less body fat
2. More energy
3. Reduction of chronic pain
Keeping these three things in mind, Paul is going to hit us up with a fresh and unique perspective and a ‘no-holds barred’ attitude.
This seminar will include:
- How to overcome obstacles that lead to making smart food choices and exercise options
- Basal Metabolic Rate: what it is, how it works, and why it’s important
- How to increase metabolism and use it to your advantage
- A Top Ten list on how to maximize fat loss
- The Kinetic Chain Assessment, what it is and how can it prevent chronic pain in your body
- Maximizing exercise time by understanding what are the best workouts for maximum benefits while demything the efficiency of cardio machines
- A one hour boot camp style workout/exercise demonstration
SATURDAY, JANUARY 21, 2012
$50. per person
location: CENTRE FOR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, HOLLAND COLLEGE PRINCE OF WALES CAMPUS
time: 9:00am – 12:00pm