Creamy Black Bean Soup
- 1c dried black turtle beans (or other small black bean), soaked covered in water overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1 lrg clove of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 c white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh sage leaf
- 8 c water
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 c sour cream
- Crumbled or shredded farmer’s cheese
- Green finger chilis, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Cilantro chopped
Place beans, garlic, onion and sage leaf in a pot. Add water to cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to a low boil and continue cooking until beans are softened, about 1 hour.
Season with salt to taste.
Let cool for 5 minutes then process in blender until smooth, in batches if needed.
Melt butter over medium heat in a pot. Add bean puree and sour cream. Stir until blended and continue to heat until hot.
Serve with garnish on top.
This soup is simple; humble even. Packed with flavour and all kinds of good-for-you’s, it is an easy enjoy. So, enjoy!