- 1 cauliflower
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp homemade Berbere Spice Mixture (cardamom, coriander, fenugreek, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, cayenne, black pepper, sea salt – my supply is getting low, time to make some more) You could use garam masala or cayenne or curry powder.
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 c water
Break cauliflower into pleasant size flowerettes. Toss in a bowl with coconut oil and Berbere Spice Mixture.
Spread evenly on a cookie sheet and roast at 425 degrees F for 12 – 15 minutes.
Saute garlic in coconut oil for about 2 minutes. Stir in tahini, lemon juice, salt and water. Allow to simmer approximately 2 minutes.
Toss roasted cauliflower in lemon tahini sauce. Add fresh cracked black pepper before serving.
- 31/2 lb whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 7 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh marjoram leaves
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sliced preserved lemon (or 1 fresh lemon)
- 7 oz kalamata olives
- 9 oz button mushrooms
- 1/2 c sundried tomatoes
- 4 – 6 shallots
- 3/4 c dry white wine
Season chicken inside and outside with salt and pepper.
Mix together thyme, marjoram, garlic and 1 tbsp oil until paste-like.
Separating chicken skin from flesh, rub herb paste onto flesh under skin. Distribute as evenly as possible.
Place chicken in pan and place half the lemon slices, half the olives and 1/3 of the mushrooms in the cavity. Truss this bird like she was in your grandmother’s wedding.
Arrange sundried tomatoes, shallots and remaining mushrooms, lemon slices and olives around the fresh girl. Pour the white wine and remaining 1/4 c olive oil onto the veggies.
Roast for 1 – 1/14 hours, til the chicken is done and the veggies are tender.
This is the most delicious roast chicken I’ve ever had. The flavours are stunning and just as compelling as leftovers as when you sit with her the first go around. This is definitely a meal to share with those who dazzle you most in life.