- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into cutlets
- 2 or 3 peeled cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh green chili, deseeded (we used a habanero, seeds in)
- 3/4inch piece of peeled ginger
- 4 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- finely grated rind of one lime
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 3/4 c coconut milk
Put garlic, chili, ginger, lime rind, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and coconut milk in a food processor until a smooth puree forms.
Spread the puree over both sides of the cutlets, coating evenly. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
Broil cutlets on a baking sheet for 5 – 7 minutes, until cooked through.
Bring remaining marinade to boil, reduce heat and simmer. Serve over cutlets.
Coconut Creamed Spinach
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 2/3 c coconut milk
- 1/4 c soft (or silken) tofu
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
Chop spinach and steam until fully wilted. Place in colander, press out excess liquid and set aside.
Place coconut milk, tofu and butter in food processor and process until smooth.
Heat the coconut milk mixture in a saucepan. Add spinach, cumin, salt and pepper.
Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Nom nom nom is what I heard at the dinner table.