With the studio running just about 30 degrees Celsius last night, combined with humidity high enough to start you limply mustering some amount of trepidation, fans were set on high and kettlebells were handled.
It was a measured and paced workout, given the micro-meteorological conditions, but sufficiently intense. Wet and warm, looking for some sort of — any sort of — cool relief, was the end result. Soggy survival.
After warming up with a few minutes of jumping rope, walking lunges and hip and shoulder ROM activities, we finished off the warm up with a swing set:
10 swings/10 around the body passes cw/10 swings/10 around the body passes cc/10 swings/10 halos cw/10 swings/10 halos cc x2
Then, for 10 reps each:
- L Stationary lunge, single leg deadlift, walking overhead figure 8
- R Stationary lunge, single leg deadlift, walking overhead figure 8
- L One arm swing, clean, press
- R One arm swing, clean, press
- L Suitcase deadlift, rack squat, side bends
- R Suitcase deadlift, rack squat, side bend
- L Snatch, tactical lunge, high pull
- R Snatch, tactical lunge, high pull
- L 1/2 get up, chest press, 10 count arm bar
- R 1/2 get up, chest press, 10 count arm bar
We actually exhausted our time, and our energy, before hitting the last circuit. Damp curls, sticking shirts, sodden towels, oppressive air, faces in every shade of goodworkout.
Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things. – George Carlin