I made these yesterday and have to say they are soooo good today!
Greek Inspired Marinated Mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (and extra whole cloves as desired)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (don’t sub coconut oil here as it will harden when you refrigerate the finished dish)
- 1/4 cup red wine + mango vinegar Umm I might have tossed in a bit more of each (use red wine vinegar if you like)
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- several banana peppers, sliced
- 1 1/2 pound small to medium mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed flat
In a large saute pan, saute the garlic in the oil for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients except the mushrooms; bring to a simmer.
Add the mushrooms; cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
Put the mixture in a glass bowl or jar. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 days. Drain off and discard the marinade before serving.