Spicy Grilled Eggplant
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil, to brush eggplant for grilling
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped (you can use 2 tbsp of either mint or parsley if you don’t have both)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp. mango vinegar (use red wine vinegar if you have it)
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic puree, fresh is best
- hot pepper flakes (any kind you might have on hand; I used Louie Watson’s Home Grown HOT Sundried Peppers — thank you Louie!)
- Sea Salt
- organic dulse
Whisk together olive oil, mango vinegar, lemon juice, garlic puree, hot pepper flakes, and any seasonings of your choice.
Preheat gas or charcoal barbecue grill to medium high or oven on hot. Brush both sides of eggplant with olive oil.
Place eggplant on grill/in oven and cook 4-5 minutes per side, rotating after a few minutes on each side if you want.
When the eggplant is done, remove from grill/oven and place in large plastic bowl. Pour in spicy sauce, and gently stir eggplant to coat with sauce. Let sit 10-15 minutes so eggplant can absorb sauce flavors. Chop mint and parsley while eggplant is resting in sauce.
To serve, assemble eggplant on serving plate and sprinkle with mint and parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.