Oh, I am so missing posting blog entries! I have been too busy to post, but I have not been too busy to eat!
Try these recipes.
The meatloaf has a lovely flavour and a great texture.
The yoghurt makes the day special.
- ½ cup coconut flour (adds lovely flavour and great texture)
- 3 eggs
- 1c finely chopped onion
- ½c chopped bell pepper
- 1 tspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 16-ounce can tomato sauce
Combine coconut flour, eggs, chopped onion, bell pepper, salt, black pepper, thyme and marjoram in a bowl. Add ground beef and 1 cup of tomato sauce and mix well.
Shape mixture into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Pour the remaining 1 cup of tomato sauce over the top of the loaf. Bake at 175 Degree C (350F) for 1¼ hours.
Saffron In/fused/spired Yoghurt with Ginger & Mint
- 500ml creamy natural yoghurt (I used Greek Yoghurt)
- a pinch of saffron, adjusted to your won taste
- honey, optional (I didn’t add any sweetener and it is great without)
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- 1 inch square fresh ginger, finely chopped
- a small handful walnuts, crushed
- 10-15 mint leaves, finely chopped
- coconut oil
Mix the yoghurt and saffron well. Leave to rest.
Heat coconut oil in a pan and fry the banana and ginger on medium-high heat. When the bananas are beginning to fry golden, add walnuts and mint leaves and stir. Leave to cool.
Top yoghurt with the banana mixture and serve.