Garlic Soup with Cilantro Dumplings
- 2 heads garlic, peeled and minced (or pressed)
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8c water
- 1tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1tsp dried basil (I used fresh)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/3c flour (I used Besan, of course)
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2tsps baking powder
- 1/4tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/3c milk
- 1/4c fresh cilantro, chopped
Place all soup ingredients together in a pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
Prepare dumpling batter while soup is simmering and filling your home with wonderful smells. Mix together dry ingredients; add remaining ingredients and mix into a stiff batter. Drop batter in to boiling soup about 1/2tsp at a time. When the dumplings float ( about a minute or two), they are ready.
Serve piping hot. A great soup if you are nursing a cold or a flu and a great soup if you are eating with someone nursing a cold or a flu.