Here is what a handful of tough, focused, totally addicted kettlebellers ROCKED today and the symphony they performed for me.
I heard breathing, at first quiet and then louder, laboured and ragged, held in and pushed out with purpose. I heard perspiration rolling down temples, gathering at the back of the neck, pooling at the base of the chest. I heard sweat dripping on to the floor. I heard the firing of muscles fibres, the electric hiss and crackle of synaptic transmissions, the silence of gastrointestinal tracts, the sonic boom of hearts. I heard hoarse swallows. I heard the thundering echo of focus, determination, of holding on and pushing through and not backing down.
- 3 – 4 minutes jump rope
- lateral shuffles right and left
- low lateral shuffles right and left
- high knees around the room
- ROM – hips and shoulders
- Turkish Getups Descending Ladder: 3 L/3R 2L/2R 1L/1R
Down to Work
- Snatch + Row Ladder – 5 snatches 5 rows L then R, repeat 10/15/20 reps without rest
- 5 Roundabouts + 5 bottoms up crossover lunges with 3 pulses and a kick X3
- Walking lunge in rack – down & back X 4 with crush curl ladder of 5/10/15/20
- Roundabout + 5 Single Leg Deadlift X5/side
- H2H sumo squat
I heard the steps of powerful, accomplished kettlebell athletes walk away from a job well executed. I heard their sense of wellbeing and their relief. I heard their self victory ’cause it was bursting out so loud!