I have been thinking that the wonderful flavour of smoked oysters would work well with hummus, so I took a basic hummus recipe and flexed it a bit.
Smoked Oyster Hummus with Roast Garlic & Sundried Tomatoes
- 2c prepared chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tin smoked oysters (or, you could flex your smoked mussels instead)
- oil from tinned oysters + olive oil to equal 2 tbsp
- 2 garlic bulbs, roasted — put it all in
- 2 – 4 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 2 generous pinches ground cumin
- sea salt to taste
- sundried tomato for garnish
- smoked paprika for garnish
Combine all ingredients, less 3 or 4 oysters, in a food processor. Process until smooth, adjusting salt, cumin and lemon juice to taste. Garnish with remaining oysters, diced, diced sundried tomatoes and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
This hummus is particularly yummy following 24 hours of refrigeration.