Chickpea Pumpkin Tajine
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 300g pumpkin peeled and cut into small cubes
- 300g chickpeas – you know what to do here
- 3 tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 red chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds crushed (used ground cumin if you must)
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
Heat the oil in a large pan, add crushed (or ground) cumin, onions and garlic and saute until the cumin becomes fragrant and the onions are transparent. Add pumpkin, tomatoes, ginger and chilies. Saute for an additional 5 minutes.
Add vegetable stock, garam masala and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes; do not allow the pumpkin to become mushy. Add the chickpeas and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and soy sauce.
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 120g couscous
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 lime – zest and juice
Bring the vegetable stock to a boil; add all the ingredients, cover and remove from heat. Allow the couscous to steam for about 10 minutes then loosen with a fork.
This was a zesty supper. Surprisingly light, with a bit of crunch appeal.