My partner and I generally make it to the gym together three times per week. On the early morning Tuesday and Thursday visits we do our own thing but on Sunday mornings we began a routine of working kettlebells together. These workouts have been on hiatus for many months as I rehabbed from my bilateral adhesive capsulitis, but today we re-ignited our mutual sweat fest.
The workout we completed today was the same workout I put the Friday morning training group through this past week.
Here’s what we completed this morning:
Jump rope warm up and range of motion exercises for various joints.
- 5 Turkish Getups each side
- 5 Windmills each side *for the TGUs and Windmills I used a dumbbell instead of a kettlebell as I still do not have sufficient rotation in my shoulder joints to complete the moves and support the kettlebell
- 10 clean and racks each side
- 4 sets each: 5 clean and front lunge combinations both sides
- 4 sets each: 8 press and back lunge combinations both sides
- 4 sets each: 5 single arm rows/rack squats both sides
- 4 sets each: 8 single leg deadlifts/crush curls both sides
We finished off the workout with 7 sets of snatches: 30 seconds each side; 25 seconds each side; 20 seconds each side; 15 seconds each side; 20 seconds each side; 25 seconds each side; 30 seconds each side.
We were both able to fire off more snatches in the finishing 30 second intervals than in the starting intervals and it felt good.
Quite sweaty we headed home, happy to share a post-workout breakfast with our daughter, grateful for the privilege of hot running water, anticipating what may hurt tomorrow morning.
Really a great together-start to summer 2009.