1. Know that your body and spirit are intelligent. You can listen to and apply that intelligence to your overall health and fitness potential.
2. Live your life with intention. Take the time to live on purpose, with purpose. Practice body awareness. You have an accountability of immense proportion within and beyond the boundaries of your own skin. Embrace it.
3. Make a daily commitment to integrity. What you do in one aspect of your life permeates all aspects of your life. Be whole, dare to act with honesty, walk in virtue. Respect your body’s need for integrity during exercise.
4. Choose to live with intensity. Great energy, strength and concentration brings brilliance to your activities and thoughts. Truly and deeply feel. Passionately live your truth.
5. Practice introspection. Your peace is within you. Look there for it. Pay attention to the physical sensations coursing through your body. Be mindful of your actions, choices, and thoughts. Observe your breath; be thankful for it.
6. Introduce joy, pleasure, laughter, humour and kindness into all of your being. Live in the luminance of laughter. Your wellness arises from deep and abiding joyfulness. Find fitness activities which bring you pleasure.
In her book When Things Fall Apart, the wise teacher Pema Chodron states:
Learning how to be kind to ourselves, learning how to respect ourselves, is important. The reason it’s important is that, fundamentally, when we look into our own hearts and begin to discover what is confused and what is brilliant, what is bitter and what is sweet, it isn’t just ourselves that we’re discovering. We’re discovering the universe.
Make sure you are intrinsic to your day’s agenda every day.